- Finals are coming up, and if you’re looking for a quiet place to study, hear me out and get here.. Go early in the morning and the only company you’ll have are the mall walkers. Or, believe me when I say that retail dies after 7 PM, and choose any week night. Either way, finding a quiet table is nothing and there are tons of nooks and crannies to find quiet places. And you can get your coffee fix at the a Starbucks just at the top of the escalator that opens before everything else in the morning, as well as the Nordstrom E-Bar open during mall hours. Although I wouldn’t recommend it for doing work that requires a lot of table space, it’s perfect for reading a book, or working on your laptop.
- Don’t pack away that denim vest yet! Whoever said it’s only good for warm season obviously didn’t say that in 2016. Instead, I bet you could find a fun sleeve to put under it. For me? My flannel fits perfectly under it. And nothing says “Even tough girls like fall and value looking good” like a flannel under a denim vest.
- One of my dearest friends gave me a sweet gift for no reason, and it’s been a few weeks, but I’m still holding it close. And now, I can cozy up and drink tea— and believe it or not, lavender tastes as good as it smells— while meditating on a beautiful print of Psalm 37:8. Whispering thanks for thoughtful gifts and kind people, and hoping that I can be like them too.
- Don’t miss out on November– get out and hike! This place is just over an hour outside of Nashville, and the hike to the water falls and back is just about 2 hours. It’s surrounded by more popular parks, so this one is truly a hidden treasure. Granted, it’s smaller. But, it’s perfect to head out before lunch, picnic once you get there, take the hike, and then make it back to the city in time for dinner. Not to mention, the falls are gorgeous.
- Did you know that decorative throw pillows can range anywhere from $10 to $140— and that’s the Target price. Y’all, that’s a ton of money to spend on pillows that won’t even touch your head. Yikes. I propose a little crafting, instead: find some on the .99 or half-off sale at Goodwill, sew your favorite fabric around the old pillow, and BOOM. You’ve got cute pillows for at least 1/4 of what you would have paid for them, and something so unique that every Target shopper ever will wonder where it came from. Thanks, mom, for this idea.
- I can’t deny it: this song makes my life feel like a soundtrack. It’s ruined me so that every time I see the sun shining through the autumn colored leaves, I just want to break out and sing: “Stand back and look a little harder– so many colors fill the skyyy, so many good things to coooome. If only they always caught my eye, it’s like an explosiiion.” The video is quirky, but the best things usually are, so.
- My dad always says that if you don’t like the weather in Tennessee today, hang around until tomorrow— and November’s indecision is all fun and games until it starts fighting between hot and cold, and irritating your hands. Ladies, this stuff is changing my life. It’s super cheap and simple to use, and keeps your fingers feeling good in a way that lotion can’t once it washes off.
- Backyard camping is still in style, and this what you need: 40 degree weather, over 30 cozy blankets, a 12 person tent, 10 of your favorite friends to cozy up to, and a blazing fire to sit around and laugh, talk, and share life with without an agenda. I promise, folks, these intentional moments of rest are worth everything.
:: :: ::
These are the things I’ve stumbled upon, and things that I think are worth sharing with you. People are creative and special things happen when people run with their bold ideas, and this series is a result of admiring the richness of culture. What’s inspiring your world right now?